Sunday, October 3, 2010

I take a deep breath and enter the department of unemployment. A lady tells me to sit down and wait for my name to be called. Everyone one is looking at me. Even the unemployed people that smell are looking at me. I feel so ashamed.

Finally, after 30 minutes my name is called. ‘Hello,’ I say ‘I do not have a job anymore because I am so sad and I need some money to live on until I can pull myself together but it might not happen straight away as I think I have the depressions and it is all because of a girl…’

‘That’s awful,’ sighs the girl behind the desk.

I look up. It is The Girl I Love With All My Heart. God she looks gorgeous in her government uniform.

‘Before I met my boyfriend I too had the depressions. But my boyfriend made me love myself again and now I am so happy. Are you on any medication?’ she continues.

I nod, sign the government benefit form, and start to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment